Welcome to the 102nd Legislature! As your state representative, I am excited for the opportunity to help make real improvements to our local communities and all of Michigan. I will bring your voice to Lansing every day as I advocate for you and your loved ones.
If you have questions, please never hesitate to contact me by phone at (517) 373-3815 or email at MikeMcFall@house.mi.gov. My Lansing office is located at S-687 in the House Office Building.
My team and I also have an in-district office. We are located at 13550 Woodward Ave. in Highland Park, and our hours are Monday, Wednesday and Friday 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Please feel free to stop in.
I wanted to update the community on what has been accomplished in Lansing and what my priorities are moving forward.
I advocate for our district by:
- Building up a strong mental health care system that works for all Michiganders.
- Supporting local communities and small businesses through smart, innovative economic development.
- Protecting Michigan’s natural resources, ensuring clean drinking water and preserving our beautiful environment.
- Holding utility companies accountable and keeping energy costs fair for consumers.
Our First 100 Days — House Democrats Have Been Working Hard for You
We hit the ground running this term by introducing important legislation and creating the Lowering MI Costs plan to address what really matters to Michiganders. We’ve kept our promises. We will continue to deliver. Below is a list of introduced legislation:
- Providing fiscally responsible tax cuts — we repealed taxes for retirees and pensioners (House Bill 4001, Public Act 4).
- Putting workers first — we increased the working families tax credit so the people of Michigan can keep more of their hard-earned dollars (HB 4001, PA 4).
- Protecting personal rights and freedoms — we expanded Michigan’s Elliott-Larsen Civil Rights Act to protect LGBTQ+ Michiganders from discrimination in housing, education, employment and other areas (HB 4003).
- Restoring workers’ rights — we introduced bills to strengthen unions so they can better advocate for workers (HBs 4004 and 4005, PA 9).
- Defending your freedoms — we sponsored legislation to repeal Michigan’s 1931 statute that criminalizes abortion care (HB 4006, PA 11).
- Protecting workers and unions — we passed a bill to ensure that businesses that work with the government pay their employees a fair wage (HB 4007, PA 10).
- Public safety — we passed gun violence prevention policies to require universal background checks, create safe storage laws and establish extreme risk protection orders.
I am grateful to support legislation to keep Michigan moving in a positive direction. We have accomplished a lot in the first 100 days, and we are going to keep the momentum going.
State Representative, House District 8