Dear Friends and Neighbors,
Welcome back to my e-newsletter. It’s an honor to represent the residents of the 50th House District and Genesee County. To stay up to date on my work in Lansing and around the district, visit www.RepSneller.com, follow me on Facebook (@StateRepSneller), or follow me on Instagram (@reptimsneller). I want to make sure I keep you as informed as possible.
Soldier of the Year
It was an honor to join Genesee County Legislators in presenting a special tribute and U.S. flag to Mr. and Mrs. Earnhart, who received them on behalf of their son, Justin Earnhart, who is stationed in Texas. . Thank you, Justin, for your service and congratulations on becoming the soldier of the year!
Burton Glen Academy Tour
Last week, I was able to visit Burton Glen Academy. I want to thank Principal Aaron Williams, the staff, board member Connie Roberts and students for the opportunity to visit their school and listen to their thoughts and concerns regarding education issues.
2022 Coffee Hours
Following my last coffee hour of 2021 earlier this month, I have now successfully hosted 275 coffee hours in the district! My favorite part of this job is getting out into the community, talking with you and hearing what issues matter to you. Thank you all for coming!
If you haven’t got the chance to stop by yet, I’ve already scheduled several more in the new year. I hope to see you there!
- Jan. 28: Burton Senior Center, 1 p.m.
- Feb. 4: Scotti’s Coney Island, 10 a.m.
- Feb. 25: Grand Blanc Senior Center, 1 p.m.
- March 4: Scotti’s Coney Island, 10 a.m.
- March 21: Sam’s Italian Restaurant, 6 p.m.
- March 25: Burton Senior Center, 1 p.m.
- April 1: Scotti’s Coney Island, 10 a.m.
- April 29: Grand Blanc Senior Center, 1 p.m.
- May 6: Scotti’s Coney Island, 10 a.m.
- May 16: Sam’s Italian Restaurant, 6 p.m.
As the holiday season approaches, I understand how hard it can be to manage everything that comes with it.
The Salvation Army – Flint Citadel Corps
211 West Kearsley Street in Flint
The Salvation Army provides a free Christmas assistance program, including Angel Tree. It assists low-income and people in need who would not be able to otherwise celebrate the holidays. There is free food, toys, gifts, meals and more. Free Thanksgiving meal services will also take place.
Catholic Charities of Genesee County
901 Chippewa Street in Flint (810) 232-9950
The Catholic Charities of Genesee County provide several assistance programs. You can receive free groceries or hot meals from a food pantry, including Thanksgiving and Christmas ingredients and groceries. Spanish speakers can get help too, and there may be small toys for children.
Special holiday meals will be served at the North End Soup Kitchen, located at 735 E. Stewart Ave. in Flint. Call (810) 785-6911 for more information.
United Outreach Ministries
1249 Roosevelt Avenue in Flint
Winter coat and toy programs are available to low-income families. There may be winter coats, boats, Christmas toys and more. Kids, seniors and single moms, among others, may receive assistance.
Upcoming Events in Genesee County
65th Annual Flint Thanksgiving Turkey Day Trot
9 a.m. on Nov. 25
Mott Park Recreation Area: 2701 Nolen Drive in Flint Come out and run at the oldest, consecutively run footrace in Michigan this Thanksgiving morning at the Mott Park Recreation Area. In years past, the trot has attracted over 800 participants! Participation costs $15 for adults and $5 for those 17 years old and under. Proceeds go to YMCA Summer Campers and Whaley Children’s Home.
Fiddler on the Roof
8 p.m. on Nov. 26, 2 p.m. on Nov. 28
The Whiting: 1241 E. Kearsley Street in FlintTo purchase tickets for the U.S. tour of Tony-winner Bartlett Sher’s Fiddler on the Roof, click here.
Holiday Under the Stars
5 p.m. on Dec. 1
Longway Planetarium: 1330 E. Kearsley Street in Flint
Come have a “Cosmic Christmas” at the Longway Planetarium, which will be hosting its annual holiday show Dec. 1. Members pay $15 and non-members pay $25. For more information and how to RSVP, click here.
The Santa Run
12 p.m on Dec. 4
Come run or walk through Flint with a Santa suit on. For more information about this holiday staple event, click here.
7:30 p.m. on Dec. 4, 3 p.m. on Dec. 5
The Whiting: 1241 E. Kearsley Street in FlintTickets for this holiday special can be purchased here.
- Coronavirus Info — Michigan.gov/coronavirus
- Michigan 2-1-1 — mi211.org
- COVID Emergency Rental Assistance (CERA) Program
- State Emergency Relief (SER) — michigan.gov/mibridges.
- Apply for a Home Heating Credit at michigan.gov/treasury.
- Unemployment Benefits — Michigan.gov/UIA.
- Small Business Assistance — michiganbusiness.org/covid19 and sbdcmichigan.org/small-business-covid19.
- State Representative Tim Sneller — RepSneller.com
- 50th House District Map — housedems.com/district-50-map
- State Senate — senate.michigan.gov
- State House of Representatives — house.mi.gov
- Michigan Legislature — legislature.mi.gov
- U.S. Senate — senate.gov
- U.S. House of Representatives — house.gov
- Genesee County — gc4me.com
- City of Burton — burtonmi.gov
- City of Grand Blanc — cityofgrandblanc.com
- Township of Grand Blanc — twp.grand-blanc.mi.us
- Township of Mundy — mundytwp-mi.gov