Here is some information that I hope you will find helpful, including updates and news from your state government.
Rep. Hope to Host Workers Rights Town Hall This Week
I will host a Workers Rights Town Hall tomorrow, Thursday, Sept. 7, from 6 p.m.-7:30 p.m., at the Alfreda Schmidt Community Center, 5825 Wise Road in Lansing. Grassroots activists from statewide organizations and labor will join me to discuss the labor legislation that the House has passed so far, as well as future legislation to help working people in our state. I hope to see you there!
Rep. Hope to Host Coffee Hour in September
Mark your calendar! Join me for a Coffee & Conversation event on Monday, Sept. 18, from 4-5 p.m., at the Sam Corey Senior Center, 2108 Cedar St. in Holt. Send an email to email@example.com with any questions or topics you would like covered. See you then!
Ingham County Housing Trust Fund Announces 2023 Award Recipients
Last week, the Ingham County Housing Trust Fund announced its 2023 grant recipients. The fund was created by the Ingham County Board of Commissioners to support construction and maintenance of affordable housing and encourage homeownership. The $2.52 million from the American Rescue Plan Act will be used to create 128 new units of affordable housing and renovate 20 existing units for low- and medium-income Ingham County residents.
Stay Covered with Medicaid Renewal Resources
This year, all Medicaid recipients are required to renew their coverage. If you receive notification that you’re no longer eligible for benefits, the State of Michigan has compiled resources to make sure you and your family remain covered. For more information, go to www.Michigan.gov/StayCovered.
Sept. 10 is World Suicide Prevention Day
Sunday is World Suicide Prevention Day. If you or someone you know is struggling with their mental health, please do not hesitate to ask for help.
- Suicide & Crisis Lifeline: 988
- Michigan Stay Well Counseling Hotline: (888) 535-6136 and then press 8
- Emotional Crisis Hotline: call (800) 272-8255 and press 1, or text 838255
- Community Mental Health Authority of Clinton Eaton & Ingham Counties: (517) 346-8200
- Ingham County Mental Health Crisis Line: (517) 346-8460
- Ingham County Health Department: (517) 887-4311
- Ingham County Community Health Centers: https://health.ingham.org/health/community_health_centers/index.php
- Ingham County Women’s Health: (517) 887-4320
- Michigan Medicare/Medicaid Assistance Program: (800) 803-7174
- Michigan Veterans Affairs Agency: (800) 642-4838