Dear Friends and Neighbors,
Welcome back to my e-newsletter. I always appreciate connecting with my community and providing information to constituents about the issues that matter most to them.
In This Edition:
- Spring In-District Coffee Hours
- Genesee County Health Department Vaccines
- Genesee County Expungement Fair – Pre-Register by May 19
- State Tax Deadline – May 17
- Restaurant Revitalization Fund
- Helpful Resources
Spring In-District Coffee Hours
Please join me for my remaining spring in-district coffee hours! Attendees will have an opportunity to discuss their thoughts and concerns about state government and our community with me directly in an informal setting, and I will provide a legislative update. Masks will need to be worn except when eating or drinking.
Monday, May 17, from 6-7:30 p.m. at Sam’s Italian Restaurant, 4105 Grand Blanc Road in Mundy Township
Friday, June 4, from 10-11:30 a.m. at Scotti’s Coney Island, 5522 Lapeer Road in Burton
Monday, June 21, from 6-7:30 p.m. at Sam’s Italian Restaurant, 4105 Grand Blanc Road in Mundy Township
I look forward to seeing you during my upcoming coffee hours.
I appreciated connecting with my constituents at my coffee hour at Scotti’s Coney Island in Burton on May 7, 2021.
Genesee County Health Department Vaccines
The Genesee County Health Department (GCHD) is offering walk-in, NO APPOINTMENT NEEDED, vaccination clinics. Anyone that either lives or works in Genesee County, and is age 16+, is eligible for vaccination through the health department. You may also still register at Walgreens, Rite-Aid, Meijer, Walmart, and other local pharmacies that offer the vaccine, to increase your chances of getting the vaccine early. I will continue to work to ensure that every Genesee
County resident who wants a COVID vaccine gets one. For more vaccine information in Genesee County, please visit gchd.us or if you know someone who is unable to access the website or internet – please have them call the COVID-19 Call Center at (810) 344-4800 for help. For more state COVID-19 vaccine information, please visit Michigan.gov/COVIDVACCINE.
I toured the UA Local 333 Training Center in Lansing with my colleagues from the Labor Caucus on May 6, 2021.
Genesee County Expungement Fair – Pre-Register by May 19
If you were convicted of a misdemeanor, misdemeanor marijuana offense, or up to three felonies (excluding serious felonies), you may be eligible to have your record expunged. Michigan’s Attorney General is hosting the first expungement fair for eligible Genesee County convictions on Wednesday, June 2, 2021, at the Genesee County Sheriff’s Office, located at 1002 S. Saginaw in Flint. Applicants must pre-register/see if they qualify by May 19, 2021. Check your eligibility at mi.gov/agexpunge.
State Tax Deadline – May 17
The May 17, 2021 federal and state income tax return deadline is quickly approaching. This deadline was extended from April 15 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. For more information on filing your state taxes, please visit michigan.gov/taxes.
Restaurant Revitalization Fund
The American Rescue Plan Act established the Restaurant Revitalization Fund to provide funding for eligible restaurants, bars, and other qualifying businesses impacted by COVID-19. Recipients are not required to repay the funding if funds are used for eligible uses no later than March 11, 2023. The application process is now open. Register and apply at restaurants.sba.gov/requests/borrower/login/?next=/.
- Coronavirus Info – Michigan.gov/coronavirus
- Michigan 2-1-1 – mi211.org
- COVID Emergency Rental Assistance (CERA) Program
- State Emergency Relief (SER) – michigan.gov/mibridges.
- Apply for a Home Heating Credit at michigan.gov/treasury.
- Unemployment Benefits – Michigan.gov/UIA.
- Small Business Assistance – michiganbusiness.org/covid19 and sbdcmichigan.org/small-business-covid19.
- State Representative Tim Sneller – RepSneller.com
- 50th House District Map – housedems.com/district-50-map
- State Senate – senate.michigan.gov
- State House of Representatives – house.mi.gov
- Michigan Legislature – legislature.mi.gov
- U.S. Senate – senate.gov
- U.S. House of Representatives – house.gov
- Genesee County – gc4me.com
- City of Burton – burtonmi.gov
- City of Grand Blanc – cityofgrandblanc.com
- Township of Grand Blanc – twp.grand-blanc.mi.us
- Township of Mundy – mundytwp-mi.gov