Good morning, Neighbor.
I hope you’re staying warm and safe in the midst of the winter weather hitting our district today. However you’re spending this snowy day, I want to take a moment to make you aware of a virtual event taking place later this week.
You may remember when I partnered with DTE back in November for a Customer Assistance Day that offered support to residents of District 9. Once again, I am joining DTE Energy and Wayne Metro to host another Customer Assistance Day this Friday, Feb. 4, which will provide case management solutions, energy efficiency education and utility payment assistance to customers in need.
Please see the information below for more details on how to access this important and useful event.
State Representative, 9th House District
WHEN: Feb. 4 – 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
WHERE: Call any agency listed below
PHONE NUMBER: (313) 388-9799
ELIGIBILITY: you must have:
- Income at or below 150% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- No unauthorized usage.
- $100 in arrears or greater, no max. (past due amount for SER).
- $3,000 arrears max. (past due for LSP).
- $2,000 arrears max. (past due for SER Co-pay or 1- time assistance).
- Service must be in the name of the person applying for assistance.
OR you must have:
- An unexpired SER Decision Notice that requires a co-pay and would like to enroll on LSP, or
- An unexpired approved SER Decision Notice and would like to enroll in LSP, or
- Have received a SER payment on your account after Oct. 1 and want to enroll in LSP
You must have these items available during your phone call:
- A form of photo ID: driver’s license, state ID or passport.
- Social Security cards for all household members.
- Copy of last 60 days proof of income for ALL household members, including: Social Security, wage income, unemployment, cash assistance, family independence program (FIP), adoption subsidy/direct care, worker’s compensation, alimony, self-employment, child support (30 days).