Virtual Customer Assistance Day
Rep. Karen Whitsett is partnering with DTE Energy and Wayne Metro to host a virtual Customer Assistance Day. Customers can call (313) 388-9799 to receive case management solutions, energy efficiency education and utility payment assistance.
WHEN: Nov. 5 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
To be eligible, you must have:
- Income at or below 150% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- No unauthorized usage.
- $100 in arrears or greater, no max (past due amount for State of Emergency Relief (SER)).
- $3,000 arrears max (past due for DTE Energy’s Low Income Self-Sufficiency Plan (LSP)).
- $2,000 arrears max (past due for SER Co-pay or 1-time assistance).
- Service must be in the name of the person applying for assistance.
OR, you must have one of the following:
- An unexpired SER Decision Notice that requires a co-pay and would like to enroll on LSP.
- An unexpired approved SER Decision Notice and would like to enroll in LSP.
- You received a SER payment on your account after Oct. 1 and want to enroll in LSP.
You must have these items available during your phone call:
- A driver’s license, state ID or passport.
- Social Security cards for all household members.
- A copy of the last 60 days proof of income for ALL household members including: Social Security income, unemployment, cash assistance, family independence program (FIP), adoption subsidy/direct care, worker’s compensation, alimony, self-employment or child support (30 days).