Since the onset of the pandemic, many of our neighbors have had difficulties or hesitations about getting back into a doctor’s office for a checkup. These visits with a physician are vital to monitoring health and should be accessible to everyone, regardless of health insurance coverage, which is why I’m hitting the streets and bringing the physicians to our neighborhood!
I hope you’ll join me at my Fall Into Wellness event. I am excited to partner with Wayne State University’s Mobile Health Units to host an all-inclusive community health fair at O’Hair Park on Oct. 29 from 1-6 p.m.
Services will include:
- Blood pressure screening.
- Diabetes, cholesterol and kidney function screening.
- HIV testing (13+ years old, results within 20 minutes).
- Patient education and linkage to a primary care physician.
- Linkage to care and community resources.
- Mental health screenings, and/or linkage to mental health resources and care.
- COVID-19 vaccines and testing.
The more resources we have available for people in their own backyard, the greater the impact we’ll have on the wellness of our community! If you are interested in being a sponsor, vendor or having a table at the event, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (517) 373-0857.
House District 10