Since the onset of the pandemic, many of our neighbors have had difficulties or hesitations about getting back into a doctor’s office for a checkup. These visits with a physician are vital to monitoring health and should be accessible to everyone, regardless of health insurance coverage, which is why I’m hitting the streets and bringing the physicians to our neighborhood!
I hope you’ll join me at my Fall Into Wellness event. I am excited to partner with Wayne State University’s Mobile Health Units to host an all-inclusive community health fair at O’Hair Park on Nov. 5 from 1-6 p.m.
Services (currently) being offered:
- Blood pressure screening.
- Diabetes, cholesterol and kidney function screening.
- HIV testing (13-year-olds and older, results within 20 minutes).
- Patient education, linkage to primary care physician.
- Linkage to care and community resources.
- Mental health screenings and/or linkage to mental health resources and care.
- COVID-19 vaccine (manufacturer subject to availability)
- Pfizer (FDA approved for 16-year-olds and older, EUA for 12-year-old to 15-year-olds). Please bring your CDC card if coming for your second dose.
- Moderna (EUA, 18-year-olds and older. Second and booster doses ONLY).
- Janssen (EUA, single dose, 18-year-olds and older).
- COVID-19 PCR testing (3-year-olds and older).
- No appointment needed.
- ID not required. We do collect if one is available.
- Insurance not required. We do collect if available, but you will not receive a co-pay.
What to Expect:
- Qualified health care professionals will provide all medical services.
- Additional vendors.
- Please allow 15 minutes for observation post COVID-19 vaccine.
- Vaccine education will be provided on site.
- Parental authorization is required for any individuals under the age of 18 for all services outside of the HIV screening (13-year-olds and older).
If you have any questions, or if you would like to have a table at the event, please reach out to my office at Marycavanagh@house.mi.gov or (517) 373-0857.