BIRMINGHAM, Mich.—Today, Rep. Mari Manoogian (D-Birmingham) and five fellow residents of the 40th House District were named to the Oakland County Executive’s “Oakland Together 40 Under 40” program.
The program, now in its 10th iteration, honors young professionals who live and/or work in Oakland County and who exemplify County Executive Dave Coulter’s “vision for a community working together to leverage its strengths, address its challenges, and find value in working with regional partners.”
Alongside Rep. Manoogian, five members of the 40th House District community were honored, including:
- Kevin Adkisson of Bloomfield Hills, who works as the Curator of the Cranbrook Center for Collections and Research;
- Sumaiya Ahmed Sheikh of West Bloomfield, who works as Executive Director of the Oakland County Democratic Party;
- Javon R. David of Birmingham, who works as an Attorney with Butzel Long;
- Lauren Herrin of Bloomfield Township, who works as the Associate Director of the Jewish Community Relations Council/American Jewish Committee; and
- Adrienne Young of Birmingham, who works as an Assistant Appellate Defender with the Michigan Appellate Defender Office.
“It is an honor to serve the residents of the 40th District and to represent Oakland County and our values every day in the Legislature,” said Rep. Manoogian. “I’m humbled to be included on this list of exceptional young professionals in Oakland County who are positively impacting our community.”
A full list of awardees from across Oakland County can be found here.