Gov. Gretchen Whitmer signed Senate Bill 844 into law this month. This bipartisan bill secures resources to Michigan for growth, attraction and business retention. The bill will bring billions in investments and create thousands of jobs here in Michigan, with an added perk of good wages. Additionally, the supplemental includes:
- $496 million for future economic investments.
- $350 million for site development statewide, including:
- Grants to regional and local economic development organizations.
- Strategic site improvements.
- Remediation and redevelopment for future projects.
- $27 million for upgrades to secure an investment from Hemlock Semiconductor, bringing the supply chain of chips home from China to Michigan.