It appears that the weather has decided to rain on our parade. It is with great disappointment that I must inform you that my Fall into Wellness event that was scheduled for Friday, Oct. 29, has to be postponed due to inclement weather.
No worries!! We will be offering the same services on Friday, Nov. 5, from 1 – 6 p.m. at O’Hair Park (located across from 19960 Stahelin Ave.).
Services (currently) being offered:
- Blood pressure screening.
- Diabetes, cholesterol and kidney function screening.
- HIV testing (13-year-olds and older, results within 20 minutes).
- Patient education, linkage to primary care physician.
- Linkage to care and community resources.
- Mental health screenings and/or linkage to mental health resources and care.
- COVID-19 vaccine (manufacturer subject to availability)
- Pfizer (FDA approved for 16-year-olds and older, EUA for 12-year-old to 15-year-olds). Please bring your CDC card if coming for your second dose.
- Moderna (EUA, 18-year-olds and older. Second and booster doses ONLY).
- Janssen (EUA, single dose, 18-year-olds and older).
- COVID-19 PCR testing (3-year-olds and older).
- No appointment needed.
- ID not required. We do collect if one is available.
- Insurance not required. We do collect if available, but you will not receive a co-pay.
What to Expect:
- Qualified health care professionals will provide all medical services.
- Additional vendors.
- Please allow 15 minutes for observation post COVID-19 vaccine.
- Vaccine education will be provided on site.
- Parental authorization is required for any individuals under the age of 18 for all services outside of the HIV screening (13-year-olds and older).
If you have any questions, or if you would like to have a table at the event, please reach out to my office at Marycavanagh@house.mi.gov or (517) 373-0857.