Governor Gretchen Whitmer has recently announced that the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services will base future epidemic order actions on four vaccination-based milestones that, once achieved, will enable Michigan to take a step toward normalcy.
The vaccination-based benchmarks laid out in the plan are as follows:
55% of Michiganders (4,453,304 residents), plus two weeks
- Allows in-person work for all sectors of business.
60% of Michiganders (4,858,150 residents), plus two weeks
- Increases indoor capacity at sports stadiums to 25%.
- Increases indoor capacity at conference centers/banquet halls/funeral homes to 25%.
- Increases capacity at exercise facilities and gyms to 50%.
- Lifts the curfew on restaurants and bars.
65% of Michiganders (5,262,996 residents), plus two weeks
- Lifts all indoor % capacity limits, requiring only social distancing between parties.
- Further relaxes limits on residential social gatherings.
70% of Michiganders (5,667,842 residents), plus two weeks
- Lifts the Gatherings and Face Masks Order