Upcoming Community Events with Representative John Cherry

Hello friends,

I wanted to make sure you were aware of a few upcoming events I’m hosting in the district. I host these coffee hours and town halls to give you the chance to talk with me about what matters most to you. Normally, I’ll give a quick legislative update, then I’ll open up for your questions or comments.

For more information or to register for any of these events, visit tinyurl.com/JCherryCC

In-Person Coffee Hours

March 14, 10-11 a.m.: Carman-Ainsworth Senior Center, 2071 S. Graham Road, Flint

March 21, 10-11 a.m.: Flushing Senior Center, 106 Elm St., Flushing

March 28, 10-11 a.m.: Swartz Creek Senior Center, 8095 Civic Drive, Swartz Creek

April 25, 10-11 a.m.: Krapohl Senior Center, 5473 Bicentennial Drive, Mt. Morris

April 29, 4:30-5:30 p.m.: Flint Public Library, 1026 E. Kearsley St., Flint

                                                 with a special presentation from Genesee Health Plan!

Virtual Town Halls

All virtual town halls feature ASL interpretation and are streamed live on Facebook and Zoom.

To register to participate on Zoom, visit: tinyurl.com/JCherryVTH

March 14, 6 p.m.: Genesee County Road Construction Updates

April 11, 6 p.m.: Updates on Manufactured Housing Regulation Reform

May 9, 6 p.m.: Economic Development and Redevelopment

June 13, 6 p.m.: Public Safety

Additional accommodations for all events are available by reaching out to my office at JohnCherry@house.mi.gov or by phone at (517) 373-7515.

For more information or to register for any of these events, visit tinyurl.com/JCherryCC. I hope to have you join me. If you can’t attend but still have something to share, please reach out to my office. My staff and I can help with the items listed here and often more —


Not sure how to get your unemployment problem solved? We can file a report and get you a call back from the UIA.


Worried about how you’re going to make your next payment or need to get an issue solved with your utility provider? We can connect you with resources to help cover your bills or reach out to your provider and the Michigan Public Service Commission for you.

State & Local Offices

Need to get in touch with your DHHS caseworker? Can’t figure out issues with your property taxes? We can connect you with state and local offices.

Federal Help

My office can’t help you with federal issues, but we can connect you to your congressperson and make sure they have the information they need to help you.

Information Requests

Do you have a question about Michigan laws? Not quite sure what the news was just talking about? My office can help you get the information you need.

Congratulatory Tributes & Letters of Support

Need to highlight a special occasion? Is your organization applying for a grant? Making sure special people and businesses in our community get the recognition they deserve is important to me. Reach out if you’d like a tribute or a letter of support for a deserving person or business.

For the most up-to-date information on events I’m hosting, follow me on Facebook @StateRepCherry or Twitter @JCherry4MI. I hope you found this information useful. Stay safe and stay warm,

John D. Cherry

State Representative

49th House District